Circuit of the best of Bulgaria at your leisure.
Summary of contents of this page:
The next Circuit for the best of Bulgaria includes visiting Sofia, Plovdiv y Rila, traditional villages, monasteries and other destinations in Bulgaria. Total 8 days. Choose you start date.
Summary of the circuit.
This circuit for the best of Bulgaria through the main areas inside Bulgaria is where you can really get to know the real Bulgaria, where customs are kept, traditions and ancestral way of life. All of it, combined with the aesthetics of stone houses and slate roofs of the old villages, Bulgaria always makes surprise visitors.
On the way stops are made to visit 3 larger monasteries and importance of the 120 there are in the country: Rila, Bachkovo and Troyan. The road passes through mountainous areas of great beauty that make moving from one village to another is itself an enjoyment. They can try the rich cuisine of Bulgaria, Slavic fusion cuisine, Original Turkish and Bulgarian. There will be time to stroll the 2 major cities in Bulgaria: capital Sofia and Plovdiv (European Capital of Culture 2019), his old neighborhood classic style. Make a different journey and discover Bulgaria.
This is a circuit for the best example of Bulgaria, for this specific offer, but if you want other dates or duration, Please tell us your query by Custom quote request.
Day 1 Arrival at Sofia airport and transfer to hotel. If you have time until dinner, brief visit to the city. Overnight in Sofia.
Day 2 - Day to visit the Rila Monastery is an impressive architectural complex of great cultural and historical importance for Bulgaria and is surrounded by green mountains in the National Park Rila. More information about this complex here.Transfer to the resort town of Devin. Overnight in Devin.
Day 3 - Since Devin visitors can find a path with wooden bridges for hiking along the river between stone walls, a tour of beautiful and different from the known. A few kilometers from Devin, by highway, you reach the gorge and Trigrad Devil's Throat, where huge rock walls over 300 meters rising to heaven from the river that runs through the throat. If you want you can climb to the Mirador de El Ojo del Aguila is the highest point Buynovsko Gorge with its huge cliffs 600 meters high. a platform was built on top of one of them just above the abyss.
Also in this area it is the largest underground cascade with Balkan 60 meters high. The largest room underground cave in the Balkans is also in the Garganta del Diablo. This room is called the Hall of Thunder because of the roar of its waterfalls. Return and overnight in the town of Devin.
Day 4 - Transfer to the authentic village of Shiroka Laka famous for its beautiful houses, Typical of these Rhodope Mountains. After half an hour after we arrived road to the Monastery of Bachkovo, founded in 1083 and still remains active.
Departure to the city of Plovdiv, European Capital of Culture 2019. Walking tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv to enjoy its unique architecture painted houses and cobbled streets. Overnight in Plovdiv. Learn more about Plovdiv here.
Day 5 - Transfer to the center of the country to reach, through Shipka and Russian-style church, then we know the "Etara" ethnographic complex ( village and outdoor museum of old Bulgarian craftsmen cobblestone streets ) and finally the traditional village of Tryavna (old clock tower , typical house "Daskalova", etc). Accommodation in Tryavna.
Day 6 - Tryavna output bound for the city of Lovech. Brief Tour Lovech and its old wooden covered bridge. Then, after only an hour's drive you reach the Monastery of Troyan, with its beautiful frescoes painted on walls and vaults, and slate roofs. Accommodation in Troyan.
Day 7 - Transfer to the city of Koprivshtitsa with wonderful examples of Bulgarian Renaissance houses of eighteenth and nineteenth centuries belonging to the wealthiest families of the time. It is called museum city because they are declared 383 monuments and buildings and artistic heritage of Bulgaria. A stroll through this city is a trip back in time to the commercial splendor of this city. Transfer to Sofia. Overnight in Sofia.
Day 8 - Depending on the time of departure, Sofia will be able to choose between visiting museums, see the huge Orthodox Cathedral Alexander Nevski, shopping or just stroll through the parks and streets. End of the circuit for the best of Bulgaria, transfer to the airport and departure to Spain.
Circuit prices for the best of Bulgaria self-guided.
For 2 Travellers: 631,00 € / person
(rental vehicle type Opel Astra, Ford Focus, o similar)
For 4 Travellers: 542,00 € / person
(with family body tourism or minivan, tipo Ford Focus familiar, Opel Zafira, o similar)
Note 1: For solo travelers or groups over 4 people please check price. OPTIONAL: Chauffeur speaks Spanish throughout the itinerary.
Note 2: Also available as “Travel with accompaniment Local tour guide Spanish-speaking”, consult price according to dates please.
Which includes self-guided tour:
- The delivery and collection of the car at Sofia Airport by personnel rental company (the staff is english speaking).
- Throughout the program: rental vehicle Type Tourism 5 plazas, diesel or gasoline engine according to availability, unlimited mileage, Super all-risk insurance C.D.W. : Collision Damage Waiver (no liability for collision damage, only a fee of 30 € for expenses of opening the file in case of having to give a part to the insurance for damages to the vehicle), third party insurance, insurance against theft and fire, It does not cover damage to tires or tires, or theft or loss of keys, or theft of luggage or personal belongings, It includes second driver free of charge, highway traffic rates (Vignette) and roadside assistance 24h / 7d.
- Accommodation in hotel 3*** from 4**** (in double room, other room types are also possible, Please consult)
- Regime: Bed and breakfast.
- practical travel guide in electronic format (PDF file) Tailor-made for this trekking trip to Europe.com with instructions on how to get to the tourist spots, practical information of the country, additional recommendations on where to eat and what to visit, etc. This guide will be sent to you by email once you confirm your reservation with us.
- If you want higher end hotels to the aforementioned can be reserved at an additional cost, consult.
Do not include the self-guided tour:
- The single room supplement.
- Airline tickets going / return.
- Airport taxes.
- Trip cancellation insurance, repatriation, accident, or medical expenses, nor insurance of any other type.
- Fuel (in 2019 the average price of fuel in Bulgaria was a 10% less than in Spain ). The rental car is delivered with a full tank and must be returned equally full by the end of the trip.
- Child seats and snow chains for the car rental. They can be rented on request in advance, Price on application.
- To collect your car hire you have to give a deposit of between 100 Y 300 €, depending on the segment the vehicle, which will be refunded to the return of the vehicle if it does not suffer any serious damage or lack of cleanliness.
- Fees and payments for parking, estimated a 10 € in total for each vehicle.
- Visits to places of interest: museums, monasteries, iglesias, etc…(They are estimated at 15 € / person).
- Refunds because any of the stages or visits reflected in the itinerary could not be carried out regardless of the reason.
- Any other concept not reflected as included in the previous section.