Hiking trip in Sicily by the Aeolian Islands Archipelago, specifically north of Sicily. open to solo travelers or join in group group. The Aeolian Islands are a set of 7 volcanic islands, in fact one visit in huge crater left by a volcano and another will trekking in the volcano Stromboli, permanent explosive activity.
This hiking trail in Sicily also runs a succession of coves and promontories, landscapes rocks and reefs; between Messina and Palermo sea seems fraught with meteorites, small rocks are rocks emerging from the sea, one of the most famous places on earth, for its beauty and myths that are associated with it. In these islands, a landscape follows another equally surprising and fascinating, predominance of dark colors of volcanic land, between the force of fire, and turquoise sea sparkles, We invite you to spend a week “volcanic” Hiking . Direct Flights to Catania airport.
ITINERARY (7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS, of 7 to the 13 July 2019):
7 of July: Lipari.
Group meeting with the guide at Messina (Sicily) and embark on a hydrofoil to the island of Lipari to 8:15 (hydrofoil time navigation: 60 minutes approx.). It is recommended to arrive the day 6 Messina and overnight stay in Messina to join the group before 8:15 the next morning at the port of Messina. The nearest airport is Messina Catania, but it can also land on Palermo, and to transfer by train, bus or taxi to Messina. Catania airport itself can take a direct bus to Messina which takes less than 1 hour to arrive).
Once in Lipari, transfer in public transport and hotel accommodation 3*** Lipari center. Keep the property in the same hotel the other night. Dinner and overnight in Lipari.
8 of July: Salina, the island of “The postman”.
After the breakfast, a private boat will take us to the island of Salina, named: “Green Island”. Visit the Monte Fossa delle Felci, with his 962 meters is the highest summit of the Aeolian Islands, ideal for the discovery of the natural heritage of these islands. Let's walk down a path that climbs gradually through a forest between the intense aroma of eucalyptus, acacia, Neapolitans alder and pine, majestic chestnut trees and dense underbrush of ferns offer us one of the most unexpected and amazing views of the archipelago and provide shelter for many species of birds that nest there. At the top of our itinerary starts the descent and eventually will be possible to taste the famous granita with its indispensable Alfredo “bread cunzatu” (optional). Finally our private boat will take us to the beach of Pollara; lovely, with its unique sand formations next to the sea reminiscent landscapes of Cappadocia. Here's latest film Massimo Troisi was filmed, “The postman”. Time for swimming in the beautiful clear waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Return by boat to Lipari. Transfer to hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Distance: 10 Km / Ramp: 900m +; -900m / Duration: 7 h / Difficulty: demanding.
9 of July: Kaolin quarries and the Baths of San Calogero.
We walked straight from the hotel to the quarries of kaolin to make a trekking along a path parallel to the sea to reach the “Terme di San Calogero”. The route is along the eastern side of the island, less frequented by man and therefore maintains its natural value more. It reached the Baths of the baths will be a guided tour of an interesting area for its archaeological value (optional but highly recommended visit): a building “tholos” of Mycenaean origin and a spa resort XV century A.C.. They considered the oldest Spa Mediterranean. Also tour the Museum of extraction Pumice. And finally performed a stretch of stone walkway to reach the town of Pianoconte and until the Valle Muria. Deserved rest and swim in the sea and then boat transfer to the island of Lipari with Malvasia and cookies on board. Arrival at the port of Lipari and visit the historic center, castle, St. Bartholomew's Cathedral and the Archaeological Museum. Public transport back to the hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Distance: 13 Km. Ramp: + 600m / Duration: 5 h / Difficulty: media
10 of July: Vulcano Island, the sacred island.
After breakfast we embark on a private boat to the island of Vulcano. Arrival and excursion to climb the large crater “Vulcano Fossa” from where you can enjoy a breathtaking view that sweeps across the archipelago. At the top of the crater the landscape looks like a moonscape, with dust and volcanic rocks. Along the circumference of the crater is continued emission of sulphurous gases yellow, due to the presence of sulfur. Then you can dive into the pool of thermal mud and the warm sea waters warmed by the “bubbles” due to the strange phenomenon of “fumaroles” or free time to relax on the beaches of black sand. In the afternoon return by boat to Lipari. Transfer to hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Distance: 4 Km / Ramp: + 400m; -400m / Duration: 3 hours / difficulty: baja.
11 of July: Alicudi and Filicudi islands.
After breakfast departure from the port of Lipari in a shared boat to Alicudi. Navigation time: on 60 ‘. Alicudi time. Then continue to Filicudi. Back to the island to visit the Canna (the highest volcanic neck of the Aeolian Islands) and the “Good Marino Grotto” with a stop bath there. Optional path around the 90 'Prehistoric village of Cape Graziano.
Back to Lipari late afternoon. Free time for travelers. Dinner and overnight in Lipari.
12 of July: Isla de Panarea + night excursion to Stromboli volcano.
We got on a shared commitment to the island of Panarea boat, formerly called Euonymos. We bathe in the famous bay “Cala Junco”, docking at the port. Free time for the visit to this small town. We continue to the island Stromboli. In the afternoon, we began the ascent to Stromboli volcano accompanied by a guide volcanology (it is mandatory to hire), to see the sunset and suggestive strombolian explosions, from the top of “Pizzo Sopra la Fossa” (892 meters). It is required to bring a flashlight for the return trip, which will take place at night and a dirt path downhill, different from the rise. Those who can not cope with the rise may remain in the village, visit and then, at sunset, They can be reached by boat Sciara del Fuoco to witness the spectacular eruptions of the volcano. free dinner. Back to Lipari late at night. Transfer to hotel.
Trail length: 8.5 km / Ramp: + 900m; -900m / Duration: 5 h / Difficulty: demanding.
Notes: The climb to the craters of Stromboli is one of the most exciting experiences you can live in your life. The Stromboli volcano is one of the busiest in the world. monitored 24 hours, operating for more than 2.500 years, It offered to those who are fortunate enough to reach its top an attractive and exciting show. Access to the volcano is regulated by the Department of Civil Protection, groups can not be formed by more than 20 participants and no more than eighty people can visit the crater at a time. It is required to be accompanied by a local volcanologist guide plus the guide of our group.
13 of July. Messina.
After the breakfast, departure by hydrofoil to return to Messina in time to catch the bus back to Catania or to other destinations in the group.
Note that this program hiking in Sicily is subject to changes and variations due to weather conditions.
Given the instability of the weather, each excursion program must be confirmed the day before depending on the sea state and weather.
What to bring: shoes and hiking boots hiking; swimsuit and beach towel; flashlight and batteries are essential parts for the night climb to Stromboli; leggings; backpack to use during daily excursions; winter clothes for the ascent to Stromboli (windbreaks and / the batteries, long pants); the essentials for personal first aid; set of personal hygiene, Sunglasses, sunscreen, sticks and water bottles. average clothing is recommended / light with some warm clothes for transfers by boat and hovercraft, important to have clothing raingear, the Wind and sun.
Per person: 822,00 €, Taxes included.
The price includes:
– Organizational costs, Administration fees, travel expenses + Environmental salary Tour guide.
– 6 hotel nights 3*** in double room, 6 breakfast and 5 price (dinner with water and wine included).
– Transfer and boat excursions as per itinerary.
– Authorized Local volcanologist guide for the ascent to Stromboli, antihumo loan helmet and mask.
– Hydroplanes Messina / Lipari and vice versa.
– Bus tickets for travel within the day Lipari 1 Y 2 program.
What is not included:
• Plane tickets, or air taxes, to Palermo or Catania airport. • Transfer from the airport by train or bus to the meeting point in Messina and vice versa on the last day (following the recommendations we will give). • Lunch type picnic bag (self-managed). • Optional excursions or visits. • Tickets for tourist attractions, museums, etc. since they are optional. • Travel Assistance Insurance, or cancellation, or medical, or repatriation. • Tips and personal expenses. • The beverages other than those mentioned as included. • Entrances to tourist sites and museums. • Any ticket to the Islands: municipal fee determined. • Municipal ticket to climb to the craters (optional tour). • The entrance to the hot springs “mud volcano” , Y “Le Fumarola”: 4 € aprox. • Single room supplement: 25 € per night. • Any other item not specified as included. –
– The walk will be confirmed upon reaching the minimum group 12 participants and will have a maximum of 20 members.
– Admitted to reserves 30 of April, Entering the share in the bank account of the travel agency.
– The guide may cancel any tour in case of bad weather or uncertain time.
– They should wear hiking boots unless otherwise indicated. The guide may deny participation to travelers in those activities that hiking boots are required and they do not have them.
– The guide can decide to change the route and / or the final destination depending on weather conditions, or any other force majeure.
– The guide will determine the rate of excursion according to the degree of training and physical condition of the group, even at the expense of not achieving the intended target.
– The degree of activity is unpredictable volcano Stromboli, No refunds will be made on the basis of little or no volcanic activity or other natural phenomena that are visited during the tour program.
WAY TO PAY:
Entering the reservation fee by bank transfer 422,00 € and the rest of the payment will be made in cash, to deliver to the guide at the meeting point on the first day of the program.
In case of resignation by the participant apply the following cancellation fees:
– until 30 days before arrival: 200 €
– between 30 Y 15 days before arrival: 300 €
– less than 15 days before arrival: 422 €