A self-guided circuit with rental car, accommodation reserved for us and a practical guide trip itinerary, tips, what to see and where to eat, designed to suit travelers to know the highlights of these 2 neighboring countries, Bulgaria and Macedonia, your culture, monuments, their cities and traditional villages, rich cuisine, its beautiful landscapes and mountains. You will discover two countries that are big unknown to most travelers but thanks to which still retain their authenticity, Take a tour of Bulgaria and Macedonia, It is a different trip, and visit them before they become fashionable among the masses of tourists…
We also have other tours of different countries of the Balkan Peninsula, for instance:
– Tour 10 days Bulgaria and Greece.
– Tour 12 days Bulgaria, Macedonia and Greece.
If you are interested in any of them, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with detailed itinerary and prices by number of assistants…
Tour Itinerary for Bulgaria and Macedonia: 10 days / 9 nights.
Day 1: Sofia.
Arrival in Sofia, capital de Bulgaria, cultural and political center of the country. Pick up at the airport by local guide and transfer to hotel by car. Accommodation.
Day 2: Sofia - Troyan Monastery – Arbanasi – Veliko Tarnovo.
Breakfast. Departure to Troyan Monastery. Visit the Monastery. Continue to Arbanasi – summer residence of Bulgarian kings with houses belonging to rich families courtesans. Visita de Arbanasi. Departure to Veliko Tranovo - one of the most beautiful cities in Bulgaria. Visit the fortress of Tzarevetz: the small door, on the muralla, Balduin Tower and the Patriarch's Palace. Accommodation.
Day 3: Veliko Tarnovo - Etara - Kazanlak - Plovdiv.
Breakfast. Departure to the museum town of Etara, where there are craft workshops of 26 Bulgarian crafts practiced in centuries past. Continue to the Russian Orthodox Church of Shipka. After the tour of the same, departure to the Valley of the Roses, Oleacea beautiful region where pink is cultivated and obtains the 70 % global roses oil used in perfume production. In the town of Kazanlak – visit the replica of a Thracian tribe tomb, ancestors of the Bulgarians and the Ethnographic Museum.
Continue to Plovdiv. Arrival and visit to Plovdiv – with its old center is a veritable museum of old Bulgarian architecture and decoration. The old streets, Wooden houses rich colors, mansions with flower gardens, craft bazaars and the remains of the fortifications offer a set of deserved renown tourist, Learn more about Plovdiv here . Visit the old town: the house Kyumdjiuglu (Ethnographic Museum), Konstantin and Elena Church, Ancient Theatre, etc. Accommodation.
4 day: Plovdiv - Monasterio de Rila - Petrich.
Breakfast. Departure to Rila Monastery, Built in the heart of the mountain. It was founded by the monk Ivan Rilski in the X century and since its inception has been the center driver of Bulgarian national culture, learn more here. Visit the museum and the monastery church. Continue to Petrich almost on the border with Macedonia. By the way – visita de Melnik, the smallest town in Bulgaria, famous for its red wine cellars in the basement of his big mansions. Visit the church of St. Petka of Bulgaria in the village of Rupite rafts and outdoor hot springs… Llegada a Petrich. Accommodation.
5 day: Petrich - Macedonia: Bitola – Ohrid.
Breakfast. Departure to Bitola. By the way, visit the ancient city of Stobi, one of the jewels of the Roman Empire in the Balkans. It is the largest and best preserved archaeological site of Macedonia with stunning mosaics. Continue to Bitola. Walk along its most famous street Shirok Sokak (the wide street). Departure to Ohrid. Accommodation.
Day 6: Ohrid - St. Naum Monastery – Ohrid.
Breakfast. Sightseeing tour of the old town of Ohrid by the lake of the same name: the Hagia Sophia, the church of San Klemente and Pantelijmon, King Samuil Fortress, cobblestone streets, its small shops, the beautiful scenery of the lake and nearby mountains, etc. A city that soon will be a popular destination for its exoticism and authenticity.
Afternoon excursion to the Monastery of St. Naum, founded in 905. Wandering around the Monastery we can find several peacocks, birds are considered a symbol of Christianity and whose cries Monastery welcome the faithful and tourists. Colorful plumage form a perfect picture with the beautiful scenery around the Monastery. Return to Ohrid.
Day 7: Ohrid – Struga – Skopje.
Breakfast. Departure to Struga to stroll through the center of this picturesque town. Continue to Tetovo to visit the Painted Mosque (Sharena Dzamija), which owes its name to the walls decorated with colorful floral paintings. Departure to Skopje. Accommodation.
Day 8: Skopje.
Breakfast. Sightseeing tour of the capital of Macedonia: the church of San Salvador, Stone Bridge, la Fortaleza Kale, the monument of Mother Teresa, etc. A city that has modernized keeping alive their old neighborhoods. Free afternoon. Accommodation.
Day 9: Skopje - Sofia.
Breakfast. Departure to Sofia. Arrival in the capital of Bulgaria and tour: Sveta Nedelya Square, Rotunda of St. George, National Theatre, the Alexander Batenberg Square with the Royal Palace, Russian church golden domes of St. Nikolas, the huge Alexander Nevski Cathedral and the ancient basilica of Santa Sofia. Visit the National Museum of History and Boyana church protected by UNESCO / optional /. Dinner with folk / optional / show. Accommodation.
Day 10: Sofia.
Breakfast, time if the flight departure time permits and then transfer to the airport.
Prices and conditions.
For 2 Travellers: 782,00 € / person
(vehicle type Opel Astra tourism, Ford Focus, Peugeot 301, etc.)
For 4 Travellers: 696,00 € / person
(with tourism familiar body or minivan 6 from 7 plazas, tipo Opel Zafira, Dacia Loggy, etc)
Note 1: For solo travelers or groups over 4 people please check price. OPTIONAL: Chauffeur speaks Spanish throughout the itinerary.
Note 2: Also available as "Journey to the accompaniment of Local tour guide Spanish speaker", consult price according to dates please.
Including travel GUIDANCE:
- The collection and delivery of the car at Sofia Airport by personnel rental company.
- Vehicle rental - a minimum rate segment C (tipo Opel Astra, Ford Focus, etc…), unlimited mileage, Super all-risk insurance C.D.W. : Collision Damage Waiver (disclaimer for collision damage), third party insurance, insurance against theft and fire, It does not cover damage to tires or tires, or theft or loss of keys, or theft of luggage or personal belongings, It includes second driver free of charge, highway traffic rates (Vignette) and roadside assistance 24h / 7d.
- Accommodation in hotel 3*** from 4**** (in double room, other room types are also possible, Please consult)
- Regime: Bed and breakfast.
- practical travel guide in electronic format.
- Telephone assistance 7d / 24h contingency during the trip.
- If you want higher end hotels to the aforementioned can be reserved at an additional cost, consult.
DO NOT SELF-GUIDED TOUR INCLUDES:
- The single room supplement.
- Airline tickets going / return.
- Airport taxes.
- Insurance cancellation, repatriation, or medical expenses.
- Fuel (last year the average price of fuel in Bulgaria was a 10% less than in Spain ). The rental car is delivered with a full tank and must be returned equally full by the end of the trip.
- Child seats and snow chains for the car rental. They can be rented on request in advance, Price on application.
- To collect your car hire you have to give a deposit of between 100 Y 300 €, depending on the segment the vehicle, which will be refunded to the return of the vehicle if it does not suffer any serious damage or lack of cleanliness.
- Fees and payments for parking, estimated a 15 € in total for each vehicle.
- Visits to places of interest: museums, monasteries, iglesias, etc..(They are estimated at 15 € / person).
- Refunds on the grounds that some of the stages or visits reflected in the itinerary could not make.
- Any other concept not reflected as included in the previous section.
We are also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/senderismoeuropapuntocom/